Monday, April 27, 2020

"The lines Have Fallen to me in Pleasant Places..." -- Psalm 16:6

January 15, 2020

"The lines Have Fallen to me in Pleasant Places..."


For the past two+ years my neurological issues had worsened significantly, before we left Denver I was having weekly seizures, and on near round the clock oxygen. En route to Georgia I had multiple seizures, some the disconnect in my brain was so bad I struggled to breath, the autonomic function not working & all Tina could do was watch and hope.

Even the first two weeks in Georgia, the seizures worsened & O2 machine continued. It was then I decided I had to move outside, the how was no where in sight. I tried a tent, but Fall nights were frigid, wet & as I was literally feet from the forests edge, on the ground, animals, varmints, snakes & critters were, there, right there, and there, and there...

So I rented a 10’ foot uHaul box truck, and put the tent inside the box. Been living there, in the back of a uHaul truck for three months, out in the fresh air & wide open, nights dropping down into the 30s & 40s, acting like an ice bath after a ball game. The icy air cooling my brain, helping me heal & rehab quicker.

AND for the last three months, NO oxygen machine. AND NO seizures. None. I’m not “all better”, but the time between sunup and my cherished nighttime is far easier, with scattered spurts of energy, hope & joy.

Thank you Silas & Sadie & Lucian & Lydia & Bella & baby TBD for the spit of land we now call paradise, and,

Thank you Lord Jesus, my friend. Nite.

Psalms 16:6 — “The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.”

No comments: