Monday, April 27, 2020

5-year Spartan Reminder!

May 4, 2019

5-year Spartan Reminder!!

Facebook reminded me (shoved it in my face...) that 5 Years Ago I competed & completed the Spartan Sprint 5K with a torn rotator cuff, two partially separated attaching tendons, and severe tendonitis.

And today I'm reminding myself:

In 2014 that race the average age was 25ish, I was 52, and out of a field of over 3000, I finished better than half @1706th overall.

I'm reminding myself that I competed 5 years ago w/ a nasty shoulder injury, seven years after I was rear-ended on my motorcycle and thrown head-first into a median and I had to re-learn how to walk, talk and use my left hand again.

I'm reminding myself (and anyone else that wants or needs reminding) that times now may be hard, and yet I want to do a few things:
1. Let my faith keep holding me
2. Be more mindful of family, others & myself
3. Maintain a healthy, positive attitude
4. Reject resentment/bitterness as poisons to my mind, and heart
5. Be content
6. What I can do, do with all my heart
7. Hope

I'm reminding myself to take the advice of Sir Winston, The Bulldog of Britain, "If you're going through hell, keep going."


No comments: