Monday, April 27, 2020

Life Throws Big League Curveballs!!

February 29, 2019

Life Throws Big League Curveballs!!

From February 8, 2014:

"When my health took a turn for the worse, I found myself facing yet another disability, and this one has taken me from a strong man, able to do a hard days work, in six months, to a man hobbled by pain, and unable to walk unassisted. I thought I was open minded about people with disabilities before, but now, having found myself facing challenges in every area of my daily life, I am gaining a whole new respect for those who went before me, paving the way with their strength and determination. The learning curve of living with a handicap is a tough one, but I still thank God daily for giving me the opportunity to see things from a different perspective." -- Jeffery F. Walton

February 29, 2019 -- Truer today than ever before. my life is not necessarily the life i want, or envisioned, yet in all of life, even in its diminished state, there is such wonder, beauty, courage & inspiration.

Mayhem really is everywhere, n dude sooo seems to enjoy it lol. Yet, “life" is good.

 Life is not fair..Lol NO matter how good a batter, or catcher you are, there’s just nothing you can do when life chucks a filthy screwball, curveball, split finger fastball, or my favorite—the knuckleball 

Life Throws Big League CURVEBALLS!!

According to physicist Robert Adair, “due to the physiological limitation of human reaction time, a breaking knuckleball may be impossible to hit except by luck.”

McGrath, Ben (May 17, 2004). "Project Knuckleball". The New Yorker.


McGrath’s calculations estimated 135 ms (meter per second) to adjust to a pitch deviation, converted to mph, trying to adapt to that last minute flutter/stall/spin of the knuckler is like reacting to a ball thrown at a little over 300mph

 **Thx for challenge pop! A bigger bat doesn’t always work in life, if it takes “luck”, that unseen force to get a hit, I’m good with that—I’m a pretty lucky guy.

No comments: