Monday, April 27, 2020

"The facts will form a poem in your minds..."

December 26, 2019

I am a Word Lover. "The facts will form a poem in your minds..."


I wish somehow that those who know me, and my thirst for fact & truth, that it is lyrical, musical, and beautiful to me.

From the time I was young, from reading dictionaries for enjoyment (I hear laughter, no worries 😎) to a life-long passion for learning, knowledge has made me happy.

Truth & Knowledge based on hard, multi source scientific data is described within the vocation as “elegant”; to me, it is also beautiful and thrilling.


Many established, long held confidences in government agencies have eroded badly over the past few years. 2019 was ugly for the FBI, CIA, DOJ, and Congress; valid leaks and deeper investigations uncovered deception and manipulation of fact & public opinion in so many areas, for a long time.

Follow the government funding. Follow the money.

With these agencies in question, other ones came to mind lately that involve the climate, especially those that are government funded. When we think of EPA ($6.15 billion), OSHA ($91.1 million), NOAA ($1.35 billion) and even my beloved NASA ($22.13 billion) we think “friendly”, people & earth protectors...don’t be obtuse, annually they are heavily funded in the billions. They have to justify their continued existence AND need, thirst for money.

Trillions of dollars are involved, AND climate may be THE talking point for many in 2020.
I remember back in 2004, reading “State of Fear,” a techno-thriller novel by Michael Crichton, in which eco-terrorists plot mass murder to publicize & politicize the “danger of global warming”. As usual, along w/ footnotes, he listed all his research indicating that the popular climate theories were wrong. Hmm.

The science and data are and have been there, painting a very different picture than represented by the media and dishonest scientific reporting.

In a wonderful factually-driven lecture on CO2-climate change by Dr. Willie Soon, one of his presentation slide quotes gave me deep joy:

“I am no poet, but if you think for yourselves, as I proceed, the facts will form a poem in your minds.”
—Michal Faraday


Happy fact-finding and truth seeking my family and friends!

No comments: