Monday, April 27, 2020

The antiquated analogy of Kings and liege Lords...

January 22, 2020

The antiquated analogy of Kings and liege Lords...

The Gospel of Jesus Christ has never been popular, evangelism a PC no-no. I remember when I became a Christian back in ‘80, I had most friends part ways & even some family preferred me “before.”

Nothing has changed in the becoming, accepting, or giving your heart to God...understanding of personal sin and character darkness, knowledge of the/a need for change, humility in your need, & surrender.

ALL that we achieve, amass, attain, and accomplish are merely mortal crowns, and we can either willingly, gladly, and humbly cast them at the feet of a good liege Lord; or at our death they will become as dust & dung in that land of shadows.

Some chafe at the antiquated analogy of Kings and liege Lords, and though my God is mighty and is King of Kings, my Lord is also friend, guide, helper, comforter & good shepherd for all to “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
The same Lord that guards and protects, also shelters and provisions.

The song “Praise you in the storm,” has been my go-to since 2011. When no answers were ready at hand, when the heavens were as brass, when prayers & pleas have seemingly gone unanswered, when grey days seemed unending, when it seemed all was ripped or stripped away, such was (and is) the lifeline with which I’ve been faithfully held. (btw, I hope the attached song blesses you).

Though often unseen & unfelt, a thing deeper than thought or emotion has been an anchor for my soul through all that life has thrown. A thing greater than me rules from the throne of my heart, and HIS crown is all that matters any more.

Bob Dylan once sang,

"You may be a state trooper, you might be a young Turk
You may be the head of some big TV network
You may be rich or poor, you may be blind or lame
You may be living in another country under another name
But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes you are
You're gonna have to serve somebody
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody...”

I hope some day, if not already, you know God as good, kind, loving & as your protective liege Lord.

It will take a bended knee.

Revelation 4:10-11

No comments: